Young London was not a typical lettings agency. Established in 2003 and run by accountants and surveyors, it set out to look at the industry afresh and question all elements of the ‘traditional’ letting agency model. It was exclusively a ‘let and manage’ offering, ensuring total control over the quality of service offered.
A niche agency whose philosophy was to focus on building long-term relationships with landlords and residents, rather than transactions. Customer service sat at the heart of the business. Every month customer service levels were independently monitored and the Young London staff were rewarded for delivering ‘amazing’ customer service, rather than on letting commissions. This changed the nature of the way that each department thought about the entire customer journey and led to positive challenge throughout the company. For instance, the accounts department would challenge the quality of the move-in process.
As a professional and trustworthy agency Young London were a founding member of SAFE agent, as well as members of relevant professional bodies such as a licensed ARLA member.
Young London was proud to actively drive standards within the private rented sector which was reflected in low void periods, the number of referrals from residents and landlords and the high rate of tenancy renewals.
Research carried out in 2011 showed:
- Occupancy levels averaged at 99.4%
- 4 out of 5 of our residents renewed at the end of their initial term
- Managing £150 million+ of Private Rented Sector Assets across London and never had to pursue rent arrears through the courts
- 2% of landlords reinstructed Young London to manage their property
- 7% of our clients said they would recommend us
- 83% of landlords believe that residents stay for longer at properties that are professionally managed
- 77% of landlords believe that residents pay a rental premium for professionally managed property
- 73% of landlords think that professional property management enhances the capital value of their property asset
Lettings and management was something that we were proud to do extremely well – and the reason that Young London received multiple accolades from the likes of The Times, The Sunday Times, Bloomberg, Google and HSBC for the quality of its service andforward thinking approach to the day-to-day management of PRS assets, tenancies and resident services. Between 2009 and 2014, Young London picked up 26 awards, including the International Property Awards which crowned Young London the Best UK Lettings Agency 2013/14.
In 2014, the executive team stepped away from Young London to take on executive roles at Get Living. To ensure continuous support for our staff, landlords and residents Young London was sold into the Countrywide Group portfolio of letting agents.